Monday, October 23, 2006

giant swamp thing

It's been so long since I've posted that I'm surprised you're reading this. I'm just back from the annual bat research symposium. No bat photos, sorry, but I did go on a field trip to Carolina Beach State Park, where there were lots of cool carnivorous plants, and the bugs they prey on. This spider was so big that no plant was going to eat it for lunch. This orb weaver was getting ready to do some web maintenance. You can see the traditional orb-weaver zig zag here is looking a bit ragged. Too bad the photos I took while she was redoing it are not in focus, but there wasn't much light and it was a very aerobic process.
I'm too jet-lagged now to go through my notes for all the cool bat facts I picked up this year. More to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home