Monday, January 02, 2006

Bandelier people cave

Sorry for the long absence. The end of the semester became a whirlwind, especially since I decided to apply for the BCI grant after all. I have no idea if I'll get it or not, but it was good practice. Then I went with my girlfriend to New Mexico for vacation. We got there on Christmas day, and returned New Year's eve. I'm not a big holidays person so traveling at that time suits me just fine. We drove for over 1,000 miles around New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado, mainly in Indian country. Bandelier National Monument in northern New Mexico has some really cool ancient Native American ruins. In addition to the "Anasazi" style (ancient Pueblo) ruins, there were also houses built right up against the cliffs, and even some right into the cliffs as caves. Some of the caves were reinforced and open to the public and it was way cool to be able to climb up the rickety ladders and go inside. We hadn't originally planned to visit Bandelier but I'm so glad we did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home